Plastic Surgery Questions to ask your Surgeon during a Consultation
Once you have decided to consult with a plastic surgeon, be sure to make the best out of your consultation by asking the right questions to be able to make an educated decision. When meeting with your surgeon, be sure to consider asking some of the following questions:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How many of these procedures have you performed?
- Where and how will you perform my surgery?
- Is the surgical facility accredited by a national or state-recognized accrediting organization?
- What are some of the risks involved with my procedure?
- How long is the expected recovery time for my procedure and what are some special precautions I need to take?
- How much does the total procedure cost? Is financing available?
- Do I need to take time off from work, if so how long?
- What results can I expect?
- Do you have before and after photos of this procedure?
- What complications are associated with this type of procedure?
- Do you have clinical privileges, if so where?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- Who will administer the anesthesia?
- What kind of products will be used during my procedure?
Call Toll Free: 800.449.1884
|Did You Know About...
Choosing a Surgeon
Questions to Ask
Enter your email address below to learn about new procedures, events and special promotions, plus the latest news in cosmetic surgery.